Senior hvac product engineer
Director of Product Development
The Director of Product Development will oversee the entire life cycle of the company’s product line including: conceptual design, detailing, testing, certifications, hand-off to manufacturing, quality, documentation, and service. The position will drive feature enhancements to Energy Wall’s existing product line and expand its future product offerings.
The Senior Product Engineering Manager will work with the Director of Operations and to transition products from R&D through design to manufacturing and sales.
Lead new product and feature design development and improvements to existing products for a highly innovative, molded polypropylene air handling unit and energy recovery ventilation system. Design and integrate mechanical systems such as refrigerant piping, expansion valves, evaporator / condensing coils, fans, actuators, custom damper and controls to meet product requirements. Design custom parts, both molded and metal fabricated. Design rotational molding and injection molding part molds. Create specifications, BOMs, proposals, drawings and models. Design and implement product controls hardware and electronics, control sequence of operations, algorithms, and operational functions.
Create 2D and 3D CAD drawings and models using AutoCAD suite of tools. Lead certification testing efforts with UL and other testing entities and ensure product compliance. Work with sales and marketing team to establish product functional requirements specifications and product life cycle management.
Manage vendor relationships to source system components for prefabricated and custom designed parts. Design mechanical systems from concept through full productization. Manage parts inventory and enterprise resource planning system database.
- Create, review, and maintain existing and new HVAC product designs
- Analyze product designs utilizing both digital and physical prototyping methods
- Ensure product quality and conformance to industry standards
- Assist with manufacturing launches and production design challenges
- Assist purchasing with sourcing volume parts
- Manage supply chain and key vendors for existing and future product line
- Maintain product specifications, BOM, drawings, and documentation
- Coordinate product design and feature release timelines
- Create and present periodic reports and status updates to the management team
- Oversee the successfully certification testing for: UL 900, AHRI 1060, UL 1812
- Design and detail mechanical and electrical systems for existing and future products using 3D modeling software
- Work with manufacturing to improve quality and increase production efficiency
- Work with sales and marketing team to establish product functional requirements specifications and product life cycle management.
- Design custom parts, both molded and metal fabricated.
- Ensure timely implementation of projects using the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process and procedure.
- 5+ years in product development
- 3+ years in HVAC OEM equipment design
- Extensive knowledge of psychrometrics and commercial refrigeration system design
- Plastic molding experience a plus (comment – we need this skillset in-house)
- Sheet metal experience a plus
- Must be a practical thinker with strong theoretical knowledge
- Excellent communicator capable of translating concepts and procedures to all departments
- Third party agency testing experience desired
- Able to keep project timelines as presented to management
how to apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.