FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How are Energy Wall cores different from other plate type exchanger cores?
- More Efficient And Less Costly: Due to design breakthroughs and application of automation techniques, Energy Wall cores have tested to 85% Sensible, 75% Latent Recovery, 80% Total efficiencies.
- Inherently Microbicidal: The Energy Wall membrane actively kills up to 95% of microbes that come into contact with it. Both air streams are partially sterilized just by moving through the Energy Wall core.
- Air Flow Is Counter-Flow: This leads to much higher efficiencies over cross-flow cores, and allows the modular installation that permits Energy Wall to replace rotary wheels.
- Unique Manifold System: Permits the air flow to be directed straight through or transverse to the core, with air flow in either direction. This allows maximum flexibility in design of energy recovery Ventilators.
- Replaces Plate Types Or Rotary Wheels: Energy Wall cores can replace virtually any other plate type exchanger with little to no modifications of existing ERV housings. Replacement of wheels in new or retrofit air handlers is also relatively easy.
How can Energy Wall cores replace rotary wheel exchangers?
Due to Energy Wall's unique modular design and manifold system, the Energy Wall cores can be stacked to create a literal "energy wall" that will fit in the same space as a rotary wheel. Air flow patterns may be straight through, or transverse, and can even accommodate over/under systems.
What is Lithium Chloride?
Lithium Chloride is a salt, just like Sodium Chloride (table salt), and in fact was used in place of table salt at one time. It is one of the most hygroscopic (moisture absorbing) salts known, absorbing several times more moisture than any other desiccant.
Energy Wall's patented membrane contains ceramic fibers, which bond strongly to the Lithium Chloride molecules and allow them to actively transport water molecules from one side of the membrane to the other.
In addition to being a powerful desiccant, Lithium Chloride is also a powerful microbicide, killing a very high percentage of microbes that come into contact with it.